How To Prolong The Life Of Eyelash Extensions
Eyelash extensions have become a very popular cosmetic choice for women with thinning lashes. When you can achieve thicker lashes, it helps to add more beauty and draws more attention to the eyes. Most of us have experience with mascara as the default option when it comes to volumizing lashes. Unfortunately, most of us also get irritated when we tear up and it becomes obvious we used mascara or by small particles getting into the eye, making it very irresistible to rub away.
Eyelash extensions have become a more long lasting solution that allows the person to do away with mascara and only go to the salon for touch ups every few weeks. The results are very impressive when done by a qualified technician. To help prolong the life of your eyelash extensions, it is a good idea to adopt certain behaviors and care regimen that will promote their stability. To ensure safe eyelash extensions Winnipeg expert Lisa (from Lashes by Lisa Winnipeg) has provided the following checklist.
- Always allow ample time of the glue used to bond the extensions to your lashes to set. This means ensuring no exposure to moisture for at least 24 hours after the procedure. Also avoid steamy showers and saunas for at least 48 hours.
- Avoid mascara. While many estheticians will tell you that you can use water soluble mascara, it is not worthwhile when the extensions have already done the job of filling out your lashes. Making use of makeup removers and cleansers to get rid of the mascara will likely weaken the bonding agent and encourage the extensions to fall out.
- It is generally advised that you avoid prolonged exposure to moisture when you have eyelash extensions. You can cut back on the risk of damage by using a blow dryer on its lowest settings after having a shower. This is better than rubbing your face with a towel or letting them air dry naturally.
- Avoid any situations where you bring your lashes in contact with surfaces. This can encourage them to fall out or change shape. This includes avoiding sleeping on your stomach, pulling tight clothing over your head and face, and rubbing your eyes.
- Keep them oiled. It is recommended that you invest in suitable eyelash extensions coating sealants to help keep the natural lashes and extensions flexible. If they dry out, they can become brittle and easily break.
- Comb out your lashes. Also invest in a spoolie wand that will help prevent your lashes from crisscrossing. Crisscrossing makes your lashes look untidy and ugly. Remember to apply the spoolie carefully and regularly to keep the lashes in order and undamaged.
- Besides applying mascara, some women will attempt to curl, perm or tint their lashes after the application of eyelash extensions. This is a bad idea that will likely damage the natural lash and cause extensions to fall out. Your esthetician should show you a range of eyelash extensions of varying color, thickness and material, and work with you to pick the best suited to your needs. Any additional curling should be done before the extension is attached.
- Avoid tugging on your lashes. As tempting as it may be, this will likely result in hair loss and breaks in the skin that make it easier for germs to enter and cause infections.
- Never attempt to pull out or cut of your extensions if dissatisfied. There are some people who react badly to these extensions or the bonding agent because of poor advice from the technician. In such cases, it is best to find another reputable esthetician and have them remove the extensions. Pulling the lashes may result in semi permanent hair loss and damage to existing natural lashes.
- Remember to return to your salon every 2-4 weeks for touch ups that will keep your lashes looking fabulous.
Safe eyelash extensions Winnipeg checklist provided by:
Lashes by Lisa Winnipeg
#2-840 Waverley St Winnipeg, MB R3T 5Z7 204-272-7345
For more information on safe eyelash extensions check out WebMD.