Why is body sugaring a better alternative to Waxing?
Hair removal can be such a pain in the neck especially if have to do it regularly. The process can be a lot more burdensome than your normal skincare routine. However, if you have decided to upgrade your beauty care, then you need to find the best hair removal method available today.
There are different hair removal techniques for getting rid of unwanted hair on your body. The first technique that is the simplest and most convenient is shaving, however, shaving can leave your skin feeling dry, flaky and itchy with stubble, bumps. Waxing on the other hand, if not done correctly, can lead to more serious problems like ingrown hairs, pimples, and bumps. Nowadays, you can get rid of hair completely using laser and electrolysis, however, they are very costly hair removal methods.
So, what is the best alternative for hair removal? Body sugaring, if you have never heard of it then you need to pay close attention. Sugaring is an ancient Egyptian hair removal technique that has made its way into the 21st Century. All beauty enthusiasts are crazy about sugaring and its popularity is growing. It makes skin so yummy, you might want to take a bite!
The sugar paste or gel used in body sugaring is a combination of water, lemon juice and of course sugar. It is completely organic and is free of preservatives, chemicals, dyes and sticky resins contained in regular wax. Nonetheless, it has a color and consistency similar to wax.
Heat the mixture moderately to room temperature, apply it against the grain of the hair and remove it along the grain of the hair growth. The skill of flicking off the paste or gel to remove all the hairs from the body takes needs a little practice to master if you intend to be sugaring yourself every once in a while.
So, why should you consider body sugaring over waxing?
Body waxing and sugaring hair removal methods vary significantly. While the sugaring gel or paste is applied against the grain of hair and removed with the grain, waxing is the opposite, the wax is applied with the grain of the hair growth and removed, against it.
The sugaring paste is normally warmed to body temperature before being applied which is great if you want to avoid burns. On the hand, in order to liquefy wax, it must be heated to a high temperature, which can cause burning and scarring. Hairs are tough to remove when tissues swell as a result of heat.
Body sugaring will never leave you feeling sticky, and it is easy to wash off with water compared to wax. You do not need any chemical solvents to clean off the sugaring paste, unlike wax that contains preservatives and resins.
You need muslin or person strips to apply and removes wax. However, the process of wax removal from the body can be rough leading to breakage of hair below the skin which leads to ingrown hairs. The process of extracting painful ingrown hairs is difficult and takes some time to heal. You wouldn’t want to imagine the painful experience of ingrown hairs after a bikini waxing, it hurts!
While wax adheres to live skin cells, sugar gel is soluble in water and will only adhere to the hair follicle removing the hair deep from the root. Waxing exposes your skin to a lot of trauma compared to sugaring which causes less discomfort. Sugaring is great for body exfoliation as it not only removes hair but also dead cells. Waxing can be irritating and painful since it adheres directly to live skin and can result in skin lifting off leading to a burn!
According to Bare Body Sugaring, sugaring is gentle and can be applied multiple times over the same area to get rid of difficult to extract hairs without irritation or skin damage. Wax on the hand can only be applied to the same area two times at most, any difficult to extract hairs after that will require tweezers.
Body sugaring hair removal method is adored not only because it is a gentle exfoliating treatment but it also leaves the skin smooth, silky and most of all sweet! Sugaring is perfect for even the most sensitive skin out there.
What are some of the advantages of body sugaring?
- It is gentle and exfoliating to the skin
- Enhances Skin texture and tone
- Ideal for sensitive skin
- Does not cause ingrown hairs
- Sugar gel or paste is totally natural and edible!
- Sugar paste is non-comedogenic and hypoallergenic
- Sugar does not breed bacteria, it a natural antibacterial
- The hair extraction can last for 4 to 6 weeks
- Regular sugar hair extraction to result in permanency
- Sugaring requires an optimal hair length of 1/8 inches
- It is easy to clean off any residue with water since sugar paste is soluble in water
- Sugaring is completely organic and affordable. Does not require popsicles sticks, strips etc. unlike waxing.
What are the disadvantages of body sugaring?
- Body sugaring requires that you prepare the sugaring paste which can be time-consuming, however, there are ready made commercial body sugaring products available.
- The body sugaring technique must be done correctly otherwise, it could lead to skin irritation or hair breakage.
- For someone who is more accustomed to waxing and has not mastered the technique sugaring can get messy.
How to prepare your own sugar paste or gel
If you are more of a DIY person and you like to try new things then you can do your own sugaring otherwise let the professionals handle it for you.
Here is the recipe for making your own sugar paste:
1/8 cup water
2 cups sugar
1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
1 tsp. of thickening agent (Xanthan Gum) this is optional.
Grab a pan and mix the ingredients inside it before putting it on moderately high heat to boil. Allow it to boil quickly and check if the temperature is 127 degrees Celsius. Letting it boil quickly will promote better consistency without caramelizing the sugar.
In about 15mins the mixture will have boiled extracting all the water. Allow it to cool either in the refrigerator or at room temperature. Warm the mixture a little again in the microwave for a few minutes until it is evenly warm.
Ensure the skin area is pre-treated or cleansed before applying the sugaring paste to get rid of bacteria. Don’t forget to post-treat the skin where hair has been extracted using a moisturizer or organic oil to nourish and soothe the skin.
Try body sugaring today and find out how sweet it is for you and your skin.
6 Ways to Get Your Skin Winter Ready
The long, sun-drenched days of summer are passing us by once more, and the colder winter months are ahead. Winter brings beautiful fall leaves, boots, and festive holidays. But the harsh, dry, cold months also mean flakey, dry skin and sore, chapped lips.
Or do they?
This winter you can follow the below 6 steps to keep a healthy, nourished and moisturized glow to your skin.
Cold, dry air in the wintertime can zap all the moisture right out of your skin, leaving it feeling rough, flakey, and itchy. Using a gentle exfoliating wash a couple times a week can help keep the rough layer of dead, dry cells from building up and flaking off. This will give you fresh, lovely skin to lavish with rich moisture.
Amp up your moisturizer
Once you have a smooth, clean surface unveiled from your gentle exfoliation, it’s vital to apply moisturizer to hydrate your skin. During the winter, it’s a good idea to use a more intensive moisturize lotion or cream to make sure that your skin is getting nourished and protected. Keep in mind that doesn’t mean thicker, heavier formulas. You just need a lotion that is well suited to your skin type, and keeps necessary moisture locked in.
Apply lotion right after your shower
As soon as you step out of the shower, pat your skin with a towel, leaving it a bit damp. This is the best time to apply lotion all over your body and face to help seal in the moisture. Within 3 minutes of getting out of the shower, the water on your skin begins to evaporate so it’s important to get your lotions on immediately.
Also, as luxurious and warming as a hot bath sounds in the cold of winter, it will only further dry out your skin. If you need a soak, keep it brief, and apply lotion right after you get out of the tub.
Humidify your home
One of the main culprits to dry skin is the dry air that abounds in the wintertime. Since you’ll be spending more time indoors to escape the cold, it’s a great time to invest in a humidifier for your home. This will help keep some humidity and moisture in the air inside, so your skin won’t be as parched while you’re indoors.
Give your lips some love
What is your first instinct when your lips feel dried out and depleted of moisture? Whether or not you realize it, your first urge it probably to lick them. While this seems to apply temporary moisture and relief, it will only coat your lips with acidic saliva that will dry them out further by eating away the skin. Try to avoid licking, and apply a highly moisturizing lip balm as often as needed to keep your lips supple and ready to face the cold.
Use an SPF
Just because it is winter, it does not mean that you don’t need to use your same daily sunscreen application habits you stuck to religiously in the summer. Sure, you won’t need to lather up your whole body for a poolside party, but be sure to protect parts of you that will be exposed to the elements when you venture out such as your face and hands.
Armed with these tips, you can put your best face forward and defeat the winter moisture zappers looking to steal your glow.
Make Your Own Eyelash Growth Serums At Home
Long, luscious lashes are something that many women have gone to great lengths to achieve for years already. Some wind up turning to fake, glue on lashes while others head out to the salon for expensive eyelash extensions. Some women even opt to purchase expensive eyelash growth serums such as fysiko, but the problem with all of these fake lashes and serums is that they can cause allergic reactions, infections and even cause eye color changes. Many people look to natural ways to lengthen their lashes and the truth of the matter is that you can make your own eyelash growth serums at home by using natural ingredients you are already familiar with.
Great Ingredients for Longer Lashes
So, if you are wondering what you can use on your lashes at home to make them grow and make them look dramatically longer, there are a few things you can try. First and foremost, you can try castor oil on your lashes. This is a natural source of Omega-6 fats and is also packed with protein and vitamins that can seriously encourage hair growth. You can also opt to try emu oil as well, as it has anti-inflammatory properties, promotes healthy skin regeneration, nourishes and does not clog pores. Coconut oil and vitamin E oils also work great on the lashes.
What Works Best?
You will see that out of all the oils you can use on your lashes, castor oil alone is the best. It can lengthen and thicken hair, but when you add emu oil, coconut oil and vitamin E oil with it, its benefits get boosted and can make your lashes grow much quicker. You can mix all of these oils together, or use the ones you want on your lashes at night before going to bed. Simply apply the oil to your lash line and comb it through your lashes for the best results. Of course, it is a bit greasy, so it should not be done when you are wearing contact lenses, but you can do it once you take them out.
There is a good chance that you already have some of these oils in your home, but if you do not, you can easily pick them up at your local grocery or drug store for a low price and get started with them today. Your lashes will be longer, healthier and thicker than you’ve ever known them to be and your friends will all wonder what your secret is.
Key Benefits of Investing In an Epilator
Any hair removal system that entails pulling out follicles will naturally cause most women to cringe, especially if they are told they can do it on their own. Most of us are unhappy having to deal with hairs that grow in inconvenient places and are constantly on the lookout for hair removal techniques that will make grooming easier. An epilator is a highly underrated device that can make other procedures like waxing and shaving feel antiquated.
- Long lasting
Because epilators pluck hair right from the root, it will take much longer for this hair follicle to re-grow afresh. This hair removal system is much more effective than shaving which essentially trims that hair follicle to skin level with stubble appearing as soon as the next day. Most women report only having to use the epilator once a month in order to remove any new hair.
- Reaches the tiniest hairs
Waxing also helps to pull out entire hair follicles, but you have to wait until the hairs have grown out to a length of about 0.5mm above the skin to have the procedure done. This length is needed so the wax has enough surface area to grip when pulling out the hair. Epilators can however reach the shortest of hairs and pluck them out. This means you do not have to wait for hair to grow out before you get rid of it.
Much like when men buy an electronic shaver, you can expect a quality epilator to last you several years. This means that rather than keep spending small amounts on waxing sessions or shaving tools like razors and foam, you simply make a once off purchase. It is evident that sum of small purchases made by those that prefer waxing and shaving is far higher than the cost of a good epilator over a period of a few years.
- Fewer hairs
Just like with waxing, the more you use the epilator, the less painful and the fewer the hairs you will have to contend with. Regrowth of hair tends to become gradually finer with fewer and fewer hairs emerging. This means less work as time progresses and fewer touch ups. Shaving on the other hand tends to not only cause hair to grow back thicker, but also has an increased risk of ingrown hairs occurring.
- Great for travelers
Rather than have to hunt down a store that stocks your brand of razor or have to visit a strange salon for a waxing session, you can simply pack your epilator with your belongings when travelling. This is especially important when you will be travelling to varied locations or are going on a long vacation. You can carry out your hair removal in the privacy and comfort of your own quarters, without anyone knowing about it.
There are certain restrictions that come with using wax and razors to remove unwanted body hair. Epilators can however be used on just about any body part including under-arms, legs, and the bikini area. To get the most use out of your epilator, make sure to pick one with different attachments customized for use on different parts of the body.
If you’re considering purchasing one check out these reviews on the best epilator. There are tons of unbiased reviews of epilators and women’s hair removal products, done by actual women who use the products.
Click here for more information about epilators.
Making Brest Implant Surgery Recovery Easier
Breast implants are statistically the most satisfying cosmetic procedures done. According to a study conducted by the American Society of Plastic Surgeons, an overwhelming majority of patients that undergo breast augmentation are entirely satisfied with results. Not only do they like what they see when everything heals, but they also experience genuine feelings of higher self esteem and better quality of life.
These kinds of numbers are one of the reasons that so many there are so many medical professionals headed towards specializing in cosmetic surgery. It is also clear that in order for women on the receiving end of these kinds of procedures to achieve such satisfactory results they need to adhere to the recovery guidelines provided. In many instances of dissatisfaction and discomfort after the surgery, the problem has primarily been patients failing to adhere to simple recovery advice provided at the clinic. Here are some basic things that will ensure an easier time and faster recovery.
- Plan ahead. In order to ensure a good recovery you need to plan for aftercare. One of the most important concerns is having someone to take you home after surgery and stay with you for at least 48 hours. You will be on pain meds and highly disoriented.
- Be sure to also stock up on the right kind of food. Anesthesia and pain medications often make people nauseous, so besides stocking up on frozen meals for the week that you can zap in the microwave, also bring home bland items like crackers, bread, soups and ginger ale. Eating this kind of plain foods can really help to alleviate the nausea. Drinking plenty of water before the surgery can also help in dealing with this.
- Adapt to sleeping on your back. Sleeping on the side or front can interfere with the healing and shape of the implants. Try to make sleeping on your back and propped up by pillows a habit for at least a couple of weeks beforehand.
- Put easy to wear loose fitting clothes within reach. Stick to zip or button up clothing that is flowy and pull up pants and skirts. A loose fit is necessary so as not to interfere with blood flow that is need to facilitate proper healing.
- Clean up the house thoroughly just before surgery. Make sure all the laundry is also done. This will reduce the temptation to engage in household chores and provide a nice clean environment in which to recover.
- Ask about medications and supplements. Many of us take supplements and medications like aspirin on a regular basis. It is important to inform your doctor of this beforehand so you can be advised on whether or not you should abstain. Some surgeons actually prefer to have their patients off such medications for at least 3 weeks before and after surgery. This is so as to avoid any bleeding issues and interference with drains.
- Try to fill your prescription medications as early as possible. Know that your doctor will recommend several medications so using a pill box to organize them is a great idea, especially if you will be left on your own soon after the surgery.
- Settle the bill beforehand. Anxiety over expenses unpaid can affect your rate of recovery says a breast implants Brisbane cost expert, so make sure you have worked out the cost and paid up in full to avoid stress. Also take care of any other impending expenses that may fall due in the 2-3 weeks after surgery.
- Also be sure to stock up on entertainment. Sleeping most of the day will get old quickly so make sure you have ample amounts of movies, books and magazines to keep you entertained as you rest.
How To Prolong The Life Of Eyelash Extensions
Eyelash extensions have become a very popular cosmetic choice for women with thinning lashes. When you can achieve thicker lashes, it helps to add more beauty and draws more attention to the eyes. Most of us have experience with mascara as the default option when it comes to volumizing lashes. Unfortunately, most of us also get irritated when we tear up and it becomes obvious we used mascara or by small particles getting into the eye, making it very irresistible to rub away.
Eyelash extensions have become a more long lasting solution that allows the person to do away with mascara and only go to the salon for touch ups every few weeks. The results are very impressive when done by a qualified technician. To help prolong the life of your eyelash extensions, it is a good idea to adopt certain behaviors and care regimen that will promote their stability. To ensure safe eyelash extensions Winnipeg expert Lisa (from Lashes by Lisa Winnipeg) has provided the following checklist.
- Always allow ample time of the glue used to bond the extensions to your lashes to set. This means ensuring no exposure to moisture for at least 24 hours after the procedure. Also avoid steamy showers and saunas for at least 48 hours.
- Avoid mascara. While many estheticians will tell you that you can use water soluble mascara, it is not worthwhile when the extensions have already done the job of filling out your lashes. Making use of makeup removers and cleansers to get rid of the mascara will likely weaken the bonding agent and encourage the extensions to fall out.
- It is generally advised that you avoid prolonged exposure to moisture when you have eyelash extensions. You can cut back on the risk of damage by using a blow dryer on its lowest settings after having a shower. This is better than rubbing your face with a towel or letting them air dry naturally.
- Avoid any situations where you bring your lashes in contact with surfaces. This can encourage them to fall out or change shape. This includes avoiding sleeping on your stomach, pulling tight clothing over your head and face, and rubbing your eyes.
- Keep them oiled. It is recommended that you invest in suitable eyelash extensions coating sealants to help keep the natural lashes and extensions flexible. If they dry out, they can become brittle and easily break.
- Comb out your lashes. Also invest in a spoolie wand that will help prevent your lashes from crisscrossing. Crisscrossing makes your lashes look untidy and ugly. Remember to apply the spoolie carefully and regularly to keep the lashes in order and undamaged.
- Besides applying mascara, some women will attempt to curl, perm or tint their lashes after the application of eyelash extensions. This is a bad idea that will likely damage the natural lash and cause extensions to fall out. Your esthetician should show you a range of eyelash extensions of varying color, thickness and material, and work with you to pick the best suited to your needs. Any additional curling should be done before the extension is attached.
- Avoid tugging on your lashes. As tempting as it may be, this will likely result in hair loss and breaks in the skin that make it easier for germs to enter and cause infections.
- Never attempt to pull out or cut of your extensions if dissatisfied. There are some people who react badly to these extensions or the bonding agent because of poor advice from the technician. In such cases, it is best to find another reputable esthetician and have them remove the extensions. Pulling the lashes may result in semi permanent hair loss and damage to existing natural lashes.
- Remember to return to your salon every 2-4 weeks for touch ups that will keep your lashes looking fabulous.
Safe eyelash extensions Winnipeg checklist provided by:
Lashes by Lisa Winnipeg
#2-840 Waverley St Winnipeg, MB R3T 5Z7 204-272-7345
For more information on safe eyelash extensions check out WebMD.
5 Simple Hairstyles To Try Out This Holiday Season
The holidays are a hectic time, especially for moms. You have to organize parties, elaborate meals, shopping and more. With all that has to get done, it is tough to find enough time to squeeze in a hair appointment. The last thing you need is for the holiday photos to really show how tired you actually felt. Here are our top recommendations of hairstyles to try that can easily be put together using items already within most women’s homes.
- Braid it
Braids are very much in fashion right now and make for a great option, especially if you are to attend a formal do. If you have the length, go for the milkmaid braid that wraps around the top of the head. Part your hair down the middle and create a loose French braid to one side. Wind it around the base of your head and add it to a new braid that you create on the other side of the part. You can wrap this final braid around the top of the head and pin in place.
- High Ponytail
This is a very simple and sleek do that is great where you have plenty of long hair. For a party, tie off the hair a bit higher, towards the center of your scalp. Make use of a flat iron on the hanging ponytail to help smooth the strands and give a tidier finish. You can keep the band discreet by wrapping some of your hair around it, or go for a festive colored ponytail holder that complements your outfit.
- Big Bouncy Waves
If you prefer a more voluminous vampy look, then keep it simple with the big bouncy look. All you need is mousse, a blow dryer and a round bush. Comb out your damp hair with the brush while blow drying. Make sure to wind your locks around the brush to achieve the desired curls. Alternatively, just wrap your hair around several fat curlers and get other stuff done while your hair sets. Use hairspray to help hold the curls. For those with shorter hair, remember to curl the hair inwards for a softer look.
- Sideswept Dos
Another way to make the most of long hair is to style in a sideswept style that still shows off those long locks. Use a curling iron to create the desired curls from about midway to the ends. Use a glittery or festive hairpin to pin up one side of your hair.
Mixing It Up With Your LBD
The LBD or little black dress is considered a staple of any woman’s wardrobe. It is the go-to clothing option for formal events where you just cannot seem to find the right dress. Even with recent fashion trends advocating for the inclusion of the little white and little grey dresses, black still manages to dominate the fashion stakes.
The LBD is a popular for several reasons including the fact that it hides weight problems easily, looks flattering on most body shapes, is elegant and is a classic look that will endure for generations. This is why fashion experts always recommend that when a woman buys her LBD, she picks it from a reputable store or brand that uses quality material and stitching that will last for ages.
The LBD is just as described, a short dress of about knee length, made with plain black material. Embellishments are discouraged so that the wearer has more flexibility in how she can dress up the look and appear different each time she wears the dress. When looking to spruce up your look there are simple ways to go about it without straining your bank balance, especially if you think you may have worn your LBD a few too many times.
- Belt up
Belts are a great way to dress up plain black LBDs, especially if you have one that is a lovely color. It can be any size as long as it is differently colored. It will add a little pop to your look and can be a good way to draw attention to your tiny waist if you have it. A large glittery buckle or bow on the belt will also add flavor.
- Luxe it up
When the event is particularly formal and your LBD could go either way, you can make it more tasteful by wearing beautiful gloves, or a glittery shawl. Statement jewelry like layered pearls and chandelier earrings can also add that touch of class you desire.
- Go casual
Even with a formal looking LBD, there is much you can do to make it the ideal outfit for a more causal affair. Wearing a jeans or leather jacket over the dress is a good way to go. Fedoras are another lovely fashion accessory that is very much in vogue. If your dress is short enough and weather allows, also consider pairing your LBD with colorful tights or stockings.
- Coordinate color
LBDs are designed to be plain so adding color to your choice of accessories and footwear can go a long way to change the normal look. Many women tend to stick to black shoes but dare to go bold with something more colorful like yellow, red or even polka dot. Ensure that whatever color of shoe you use will complement other embellishments like stockings, sashes or scarves.
Your footwear can really set the tone for you look. Wearing high heels usually denotes a formal event, while thigh high boots and flats indicate a desire to look casual. Remember that you can add more pizzazz to your choice of footwear by allowing your toes to shine with an interesting choice of nail polish color. Opt for peep toes or strappy sandals that let you show off your choice.
Your choice of accessories also has a strong influence on your appearance. As mentioned, classy choices like stringy pearls will allow you to class up your look. Mix it up with other large jewelry choices like costume pieces. From brooches to chunky chains and bracelets, there are a myriad of ways you can use your jewelry to mix it up.
Varying your hairstyles is another way to change how you look in the same old LBD. You can put your hair or let it flow loose in a range of styles. Be sure to also try your hand at hair accessories like hair wraps, glittery clips and bows. Your choice of hairstyle can also help dress up or down the outfit.